The IMF, now is through its 4th edition, has been established as a platform for showcasing innovative motion art videos, spanning from motion graphics, to 2D and 3D animation, video art, and shorts in the wider Mediterranean region.
Prizes will be awarded to the best entry in each of the 4 competition categories
(1. Go with the Flow, 2. Animatropics &
Animesh, 3. Short & Sweet, 4. The Single Challenge Show)
To be eligible for participation, the work must have been produced AFTER January 2013.
1. IMF 2015 IMPORTANT DATES:
Deadline – Submission of works – 30 September 2016
IMF 2015, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday 4, 5, 6 & 7 May 2017
2. THIS IS A COMPETITION FESTIVAL
• Prizes will be awarded to the best entry in each of the 4 competition categories (1. Go with the Flow, 2. Animatropics &
Animesh, 3. Short & Sweet, 4. The Single Challenge Show
3. When you enter your work to IMF 2017, it is automatically considered part of the IMF 2017 Festival and may be included if and when the IMF 2017 is presented or participates in other
4. There is a small administrative fee of €15 (per work submitted) and €10 (for students). Special fees apply to companies and / or
academic institutions. Please contact us at the email:
email@example.com see more details at point 7.
5. Payment can be made via PayPal. If you do not have a PayPal account signing up is easy and free of charge.
6. How to submit Your Work
• Send file online
• Complete the €10 / €5 / other online payment.
7. Submission Requirements
• To be accepted for competition/ selection, your entry must arrive in a format that can be viewed by the pre-selectors and
the jury members. Please provide a video file that has been tested. Do read How to Submit Your work (point 6) for details
• Video Format - PAL / All regions formats are strongly recommended for submissions to ensure the highest chance of
• We are unable to accept ANY tape based formats for the entry process or as screening versions
• An entry form must be submitted with each work entered
• There are no limits to how many works can be entered but each work o needs a separate entry form o an administration fee of €15 / €10 / other payable by PayPal at firstname.lastname@example.org
o Special fees apply to companies or academic institutions (See point 4). The administration fee is payable by PayPal at email@example.com
8. The video must be submitted in DV PAL, (16:9) resolution.
9. The video file should be .avi, .mpeg or .mov format file.
10. One may not enter a video capture of video games or T.V. Adverts.
11. The IMF production team can cancel the IMF 2017 Festival at any
time, provided that the circumstances render its realisation unfeasible.
12. The IMF 2017 Festival will be documented / filmed. Parts or all of it
(the festival) may be shown / screened / presented at other international festivals. Public and artists whose work is included in
the IMF 2017 agree to this unconditionally.
13. The IMF Committee is not obligated to screen all the videos submitted.
14. Submission Fees towards administration expenses
• €15 per work submitted
• €10 per work submitted by a student 4
• Special fees apply to Companies and / or Academic Institutions
15. For a Submission to be valid, payment must be received and confirmed by submitting in the application form the PayPal transaction code
16. The IMF Cyprus has no responsibility in case of damage during the transportation and / or installation of the works.
17. To be eligible for participation, the work must have been produced AFTER January 2013.
18. With the submission of an entry form, participants unconditionally
accept these terms and agree to the use of excerpts (up to 60 secs) by the organisers for publicity and archive purposes.
19. The artists, whose work will be selected, will be notified via e-mail by
the production team of IMF Cyprus.
20. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
21. The IMF endeavours to compile a data base with contact information of all IMF participants, past and present (and updated
with every IMF edition) to be offered complementary to all IMF participants with the simple use of a password to be provided at a
Prizes will be awarded to the best entry in each of the 4 competition categories:
Go with the Flow, (Motion Graphics, Music Videos, Commercials, Opening Titles, 3D Mapping, virtual museums and archives, Computer Generated Imagery, Broadcast Design)
Animatropics & Animesh, (2D & 3D Animation, manual or computer aided, ranging from hand drawn, sand and glass animation, digital, retro, etc)
Short & Sweet, (New and awarded short films, ranging from drama, comedy, social commentary and experimental film)
The Single Channel Show (Video Art presented with single channel works. Experiments pushing the limits of the moving image)